Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Why my blog sucks

OK, I'm sort of new and wading out here, but I, like many other bloggers, need to acknowledge that I suck at this. For evidence, I suggest you check out Indexed which was basically the first "Blog of Note" that Blogger ever showed me. This is so much better than what I, and so many other people are doing which is basically, just writing without organization, clarity, or sense of personal boundaries.

I feel as though I ought to go back to the drawing board, or write these things offline for a year or something until it can be good. There are those people who are truly experimenting with a new media succesfully; finding, as in the case of indexed, a way of communicating with an audience that would never have been found before. Most of us are just sharing snippets of our diary. This is not to say we should stop, because for most of us, nobody's reading anyway, so we're not really hurting anybody. But perhaps we ought to be working on a new aesthetic of lean communication, now that we're all a little famous.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?